I really like guest blogs. Here are some guidelines:
1. IMPORTANT: This blog is an industry blog written for people who are providers of senior housing. This means guest blogs must be written to address that audience.
3. EVEN MORE IMPORTANT: I am getting several guest post "offers" each week from people who have no pedigree. Having a pedigree means that your email is from a company domain, that you have a linkedin profile, that I can easily figure out how you fit into the senior housing ecosystem.
Without a pedigree here is what I need:
- Who you are? - This means what you do and your website.
- You need to send me the article you would like to submit. It will not be published without your permission.
- Where you and your client fit in the senior housing ecosystem.
- Links to other articles your client has written.
4. The post needs to be between 400 and 600 words.
5. The post must contain real useful information, not just a commercial or a press release. It is fine to mention your company in the context of the post, but it needs to tell a story, teach a lesson or be a commentary on something related to senior housing.
6. I reserve the right to edit your post including sometimes heavily edit it. I will though run the edits by you for approval before I publish it.
7. At this point I normally publish original content on Thursdays and occasionally repost other content or very short items on the days between.
8. Writing things that are readable means short sentences and paragraphs; bullet points or lists; stories and rants.
9. Once we have a blog that meets these guidelines it can take 2- 4 weeks to put it in the schedule.
10. If you have an idea you want to run by me I would love to hear about it.
Send blog drafts to firstname.lastname@example.org